Thursday, March 27, 2008

John Travolta as Forrest Gump?

Yes...you read correctly. I stumbled across this awesome site called notstarring.com. It has all of these movies and what actors were originally casted or auditioned for.

I have a few here that I thought were pretty interesting...

Forrest Gump: John Travolta was the first choice, but turned it down. The part was obviously given to Tom Hanks. Can you imagine Danny Zuko saying "Life is like a box of chocolates..."..yeah me either.


Speaking of Tom Hanks, he was first offered the role of Jerry Maguire. Um...not sure how i feel about that. "You... complete... Me" nah...I can't believe im saying this, but I'm glad he turned it down, and Tom Cruise got it.

The darling Anne Hathaway was first considered for the role of Allison in Knocked Up, but turned it down because she didn't like that a during the birthing scene they show a va-jay-jay. She didn't think it was necessary for the story line. Katherine "smokes a lot" Heigl took the role, obviously.


Clueless is by far my favorite movie, so i was shocked to read that Alicia was not the first choice. Sarah Michelle Gellar was!! That movie just wouldn't have been the same...

And this is my favorite role turn down. O.J. Simpson passed over the role of the Terminator because his agent and the producers feared he wouldn't be taken seriously as a killer. Yeah...

No comments: